The Centre now runs a postgraduate programme: Master of Education in Teaching in Higher Education Institution after receiving programme accreditation from the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission in 2021. Click https://www.ucc.edu.gh/campus-announcements/admission-master-education-med-teaching-higher-education-programme-2022-session for admission details.
The Centre for Teaching Support focuses on building the capacity of academics in the University of Cape Coast and by extension other tertiary institutions in the country and beyond by developing and strengthening their skills, instincts, abilities, processes and resources to effectively connect research with teaching. CTS runs workshops in the following areas:
- Understanding the Higher Education Learner
- Teaching and Learning Methods in Higher Education
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- Teaching and Learning with Technology in Higher Education
- Reflective Teaching in Higher Education
- Open and Distance Learning Methodologies in Higher Education
- Course Design , Management and Technology
- Experiential Learning
- Exploring Key themes in Academic Practice
- Improving Teaching and Learning Together
Tertiary Institutions may contact the Centre for Teaching Support on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone: +233-312291613 to arrange of a workshop on the areas listed.