Our vision is to be a community of practice, where effective teaching leads to transformative learning.
The mission of the CTS is to distil research and best practices for teaching in the University, polytechnics and other higher educational institutions: the use of new media and technologies in education; the development of teaching and learning resources and the application of research to teaching and learning. The Centre augments the effort of UCC to deliver on its mandate regarding education in Ghana by improving on teaching and learning in the University and other educational institutions.
- Quality: Being located in the College of Education Studies of the University, we draw from our large pool of expertise with diverse background and relevant experiences to provide training that is needed to widen access to quality teaching in higher education.
- Learner Conteredness: Our training encompasses theory and practice, where trainees have the opportunity to engage in a lot of hands-on activities.
- Excellent Service: To make our trainees competitive in today’s contemporary world, we make every effort to provide trainees with excellent service through the use of a wide range of technologies
- Innovative: We create awareness of the effectiveness of new media and empower trainees to be innovative.
- Collaboration: We initiate and sustain partnerships with similar institutions and universities to advance best practices in high quality teaching that will ensure effective learning.